As we are spending more time than ever in our homes, there’s never been a better time to turn the home, into a coffee shop. Here we will discuss 5 types of coffee and how to make them.
Table of Contents
How to make a Cappuccino from Home
Making a Cappuccino from home is all about the foam at the top of the cup.
- Brew a single or double espresso shot directly into your serving cup
- Gently heat the milk into a metal jug, while swirling it to release any large air bubbles – knock the milk jug against a counter or table to remove any excess bubbles
- Pour the milk over the espresso from a low height for a smooth and frothy drink
- Finish by spooning the leftover frothy milk into the Cappuccino, make sure you get it all!
- Enjoy your Cappuccino!
How to make a Latte from home
This delicacy of coffee is made with espresso and hot steamed milk. This drink is milkier than a cappuccino and has less bubbles.
- Brew a single or double espresso shot directly into your Latte glass
- Pour milk into 1/3 of the metal jug
- Steam your milk
- Foam your milk smooth and not too bubbly
- After foaming/frothing your milk, tap the jug or bump on a counter/table to remove any unwanted bubbles
- Begin pouring the frothed milk into your espresso from a relatively high position
- Steepen your pouring angle as milk is poured in
- Allow for a small amount of milk foam to sit on top after pouring. (Check out the latte art video below)
- Enjoy your Latte!
How to make Latte Machiatto from home
A latte macchiato is all about layers; syrup–milk–espresso–foam–Sprinkled cocoa or/and cinnamon
- Add syrup to a tall glass.
- Heat the milk slightly, and froth it.
- Pour the frothed milk into the glass (save some froth to top off the coffee at the end).
- Gently pour the hot espresso into the milk and add the rest of the foam.
- You can then add some sprinkled cocoa or cinnamon.
- Enjoy your Latte Machiatto!
How to make an Iced Latte from home
This sweet iced latte has a strong darker flavour. Refreshing to drink on that hot summer’s day.
- Mix hot espresso with sugar until it dissolves.
- Fill a glass with ice and stir in the sweetened coffee.
- Pour over the milk and stir until fully mixed.
- Enjoy your Iced Latte!
How to make an Americano from home
Americanos are great for people keeping an eye on their calories.
- Fill hot water into 2/3 of a mug.
- Brew a single or double espresso directly into the mug containing hot water.
- Enjoy your Americano!
How to make an Espresso from home
- Find the best coffee beans money can buy, and grind it.
- Brew a single or double espresso.
- Enjoy your Espresso!
How to make a Mocha from home
- Combine 1/4 cup chocolate shavings or cocoa with 1/2 cup of cream or full-fat milk.
- Heat the chocolate and milk mixture slowly. Stir until creamy with no lumps.
- Brew an espresso
- Add the warm chocolate and milk mixture to your shot or two of coffee.
- Step 5: Enjoy!
How to make Thai Tea from home
- Pick up some CHA TRA MUE Thai Tea Mix
- Once you have your tea, pickup some condensed milk, this adds the perfect consistancy of thickness and sweetness. Options can also include using evaporated milk, coconut milk, regular cow’s milk, or any plant-based milk.
- Boil the milk until hot.
- Strain a few teaspoons of tea through a fine-mesh strainer or filter.
- Allow the tea to cool.
- Finally, fill a cup with ice (crushed or cubed) and add the prepared and cooled tea approximately two-thirds of the way full. Fill the glass with milk or creamer of choice. Stir if prefered.
The process of making a Barista style coffee or Thai tea may be different depending on the equipment. There are lots of brewing machines available and the end result is always similar. A delicious cup of coffee doesn’t have to be expensive. Enjoy the process, while enjoying the end result more!