As we are spending more time than ever in our homes, there’s never been a better time to turn the home, into a coffee shop. Here we will discuss 5 types of coffee and how to make them.
How to make a Cappuccino from Home
Making a Cappuccino from home is all about the foam at the top of the cup.
- Brew a single or double espresso shot directly into your serving cup
- Gently heat the milk into a metal jug, while swirling it to release any large air bubbles – knock the milk jug against a counter or table to remove any excess bubbles
- Pour the milk over the espresso from a low height for a smooth and frothy drink
- Finish by spooning the leftover frothy milk into the Cappuccino, make sure you get it all!
- Enjoy your Cappuccino!
How to make a Latte from home
This delicacy of coffee is made with espresso and hot steamed milk. This drink is milkier than a cappuccino and has less bubbles.
- Brew a single or double espresso shot directly into your Latte glass
- Pour milk into 1/3 of the metal jug
- Steam your milk
- Foam your milk smooth and not too bubbly
- After foaming/frothing your milk, tap the jug or bump on a counter/table to remove any unwanted bubbles
- Begin pouring the frothed milk into your espresso from a relatively high position
- Steepen your pouring angle as milk is poured in
- Allow for a small amount of milk foam to sit on top after pouring. (Check out the latte art video below)
- Enjoy your Latte!
How to make Latte Machiatto from home
A latte macchiato is all about layers; syrup–milk–espresso–foam–Sprinkled cocoa or/and cinnamon
- Add syrup to a tall glass.
- Heat the milk slightly, and froth it.
- Pour the frothed milk into the glass (save some froth to top off the coffee at the end).
- Gently pour the hot espresso into the milk and add the rest of the foam.
- You can then add some sprinkled cocoa or cinnamon.
- Enjoy your Latte Machiatto!
How to make an Iced Latte from home
This sweet iced latte has a strong darker flavour. Refreshing to drink on that hot summer’s day.
- Mix hot espresso with sugar until it dissolves.
- Fill a glass with ice and stir in the sweetened coffee.
- Pour over the milk and stir until fully mixed.
- Enjoy your Iced Latte!
How to make an Americano from home
Americanos are great for people keeping an eye on their calories.
- Fill hot water into 2/3 of a mug.
- Brew a single or double espresso directly into the mug containing hot water.
- Enjoy your Americano!
How to make an Espresso from home
- Find the best coffee beans money can buy, and grind it.
- Brew a single or double espresso.
- Enjoy your Espresso!
How to make a Mocha from home
- Combine 1/4 cup chocolate shavings or cocoa with 1/2 cup of cream or full-fat milk.
- Heat the chocolate and milk mixture slowly. Stir until creamy with no lumps.
- Brew an espresso
- Add the warm chocolate and milk mixture to your shot or two of coffee.
- Step 5: Enjoy!
The process of making a Barista style coffee may be different depending on the equipment. There are lots of brewing machines available and the end result is always similar. A delicious cup of coffee doesn’t have to be expensive. Enjoy the process, while enjoying the end result more!